If we say about Depositphotos.com, maybe our first impression is about the activities of selling and buying stock photos through Internet. Of course! This website has been famous as a one stop shopping for quality stock photos, vectors, and illustrations. However, do you know that this website also provides you with some useful tips about design and photography in their blog? If your answer is “yes” you are surely a good subscriber; and if “no” you are lucky for reading this article.
In this article there are two interesting tips shown. Both of these tips are available in Depositphotos’ Official Blog. Besides that, there are still other useful tips provided by professionals which all are shared for this blog’s readers.
Tips to Create Stock Illustrations for St. Valentine’s Day
The first tip is about creating innovative illustrations for Valentine. It is said that nowadays, the need of valentine’s illustration is getting innovative. So, to keep you up to date with the trend, this blog explains useful 5 tips. These tips are aimed to help you creating popular illustrations by reviewing the latest trends of Valentine’s Day graphics. Here they are:
1. Create an Out-of-the-box design
Instead of drawing normal heart shape, cupids, or kittens, try to add something new in your design such as using random torn newspaper fonts or cute owls as the objects.
2. Try the Hand-drawn Retro Stuff
It is said that, hand-drawn interpretations of St. Valentine’s Day are trending, without any doubt. The kinds of retro images have been in the list of trends for a long time. So, you could try the 40’s and 50’s imagery style for your design.
The fact is the simple stamps in this website sell very well. Sometimes, it could do better than the sophisticated one.
4. Construct the Hearts of Small Details
Try the unusual shape of hearts by combining some unexpected tiny elements
5. Use the “Secret Search Words”
Valentine cupcakes, Valentine dog, and Valentine party are some trending search keywords, but the number of images available is not high.
Recommendations for Working with Models
The second tip is about working with models. Below are 5 brief tips concluded from his article.
- 1. Photography means constant experiments both with a model and the environment.
- 2. Take care of the smallest details such as the eye line, the position of fingers, angles, and movements. Because you cannot always work with professional models.
- 3. It is very important to understand your models – their positives and negatives. Try to talk to them and be friendly, because it will make them feel more comfortable during the shoots.
- 4. Always have someone to help and assist you during the shoots.
- 5. Try not to use obvious imagery and symbols because viewer’s fantasy is the main tool in photography.